Clibit Show full post »
Notlaw
HisDudeness wrote:


Tell ya what I will make a little starter with some and dry the yeast out from that for you, PM me your address and I will sort it out at some point soon


I am also getting some Voss and hopefully some Ebgarden at some point, so I will crop and dry those and pass on the good will.
Quote 1 0
Clibit
Fantastic. You two are really on it! How did you come across this stuff?
Quote 1 0
Notlaw
Clibit wrote:
Fantastic. You two are really on it! How did you come across this stuff?


Lads on the Facebook groups.  The Voss is from a lad in our club (also from Lytham coincidentally enough), and the Ebgarden is from a lad in the Leeds club who I'll be seeing at the Wishbone brewery competition.
Quote 1 0
Clibit
Notlaw wrote:


Lads on the Facebook groups.  The Voss is from a lad in our club (also from Lytham coincidentally enough), and the Ebgarden is from a lad in the Leeds club who I'll be seeing at the Wishbone brewery competition.


Good to have a Lytham connection. The Voss is interesting. I understand there is more than one Voss yeast, a Sigmund and a Rivenes, maybe more. 

A study of some of the kveik strains has been done, here's a short article summarising the results:

http://www.garshol.priv.no/blog/349.html
Quote 0 0
Notlaw
Clibit wrote:


Good to have a Lytham connection. The Voss is interesting. I understand there is more than one Voss yeast, a Sigmund and a Rivenes, maybe more. 

A study of some of the kveik strains has been done, here's a short article summarising the results:

http://www.garshol.priv.no/blog/349.html


That Larsblog page is excellent.  Have you listened to the episodes of the Milk The Funk podcast he did with them?  Its a couple of hours of good listening if you are interested in Nordic and Baltic farmhouse brewing.  Check them out Phil.
Quote 0 0
Clibit
Notlaw wrote:


That Larsblog page is excellent.  Have you listened to the episodes of the Milk The Funk podcast he did with them?  Its a couple of hours of good listening if you are interested in Nordic and Baltic farmhouse brewing.  Check them out Phil.


I stumbled across a 45 minute clip on Milk the Funk yesterday but haven't  listened to it yet.
Quote 1 0