Clibit Show full post »
Tigermoth
Robert wrote:
Making a Weissbier tomorrow but bought the wrong yeast. Lallemande Munich instead of Lallemande Munich Classic. My error, but why do they brand two yeasts so similarly?

https://www.lallemandbrewing.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/LAL-bestpractices-MunichVSMunichClassic_-_printbleed.pdf


Hope it turns out good Robert. Maybe you wont get the stronger banana/clove flavours that you might have been after but will still make a good brew I imagine.
[wave]
Quote 0 0
Clibit
Robert wrote:
Making a Weissbier tomorrow but bought the wrong yeast. Lallemande Munich instead of Lallemande Munich Classic. My error, but why do they brand two yeasts so similarly?

https://www.lallemandbrewing.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/LAL-bestpractices-MunichVSMunichClassic_-_printbleed.pdf


Does seem really daft.  [thumb]
Quote 0 0
Robert
Tigermoth wrote:


Hope it turns out good Robert. Maybe you wont get the stronger banana/clove flavours that you might have been after but will still make a good brew I imagine.


I'll drink it, whatever.
Quote 0 0
Tigermoth
Robert wrote:


I'll drink it, whatever.


I'm sure nothing will be more certain [thumb]
[wave]
Quote 0 0
Robert
Weissbier - Weizen/Weissbier
================================================================================
Batch Size: 22.183 L
Boil Size: 27.183 L
Boil Time: 90.000 min
Efficiency: 80%
OG: 1.048
FG: 1.010
ABV: 4.9%
Bitterness: 13.3 IBUs (Tinseth)
Color: 6 SRM (Morey)

Fermentables
================================================================================
 NameType                          Amount            Mashed Late Yield Color
 Wheat Malt, Ger Grain         2.800 kg           Yes        No   84%   2 L
 Weyermann - Pilsner           855.000 g         Yes        No   81%   2 L
 Weyermann - Light Munich  500.000 g         Yes        No   82%   8 L
 Simpsons - Crystal Medium100.000 g          Yes        No   74%  76 L
Total grain: 4.255 kg

Hops
================================================================================
      Name   Alpha   Amount  Use       Time   Form IBU
 Hallertau    4.5%   25.000 g Boil 30.000 min leaf 9.1
 Hallertau    4.5%   25.000 g Boil 10.000 min leaf 4.3

Yeast
================================================================================
                  
 Lallemand Munich Wheat Wheat  Dry 11.000 g

Mash
================================================================================
Name                       Amount              Temp              Time
Mash In                   15.000 L              37.000 C        0.000 s
Ferulic Acid              0.000 mL             45.000 C        15.000 min
Protein Rest             0.000 mL             55.000 C        5.000 min
Maltose rest             0.000 mL             63.000 C        30.000 min
Saccharification        0.000 mL             72.000 C        30.000 min
Mash out                 0.000 mL             78.000 C        10.000
Sparge Infusion       17.300 L              80.000 C        



Quote 0 0
GHW
Send one to me for the compo, Robert!
Looks pretty solid!
Quote 0 0
Robert
GHW wrote:
Send one to me for the compo, Robert!
Looks pretty solid!


Hope you don't regret that.
Quote 1 0
Pesho77

 Im starting my solera this weekend + doing a Hobgoblin style ale to go on tap.

 Pesh
Quote 1 0
Hops_and_Dreams
Should get a brew on this weekend after all. Sunday afternoon looks good. Will go for the Weiss as I really fancy one at the moment and I don't think anything else will properly condition in time for the comp.

Just giving the GF a pre brew day boil through. Not been used for nearly 3 months, so I think the chiller needs a bit of a nuke. Was half expecting to see mould in the pipes, but they seem ok.

Ooh, exciting, seems ages since I made beer. Damn you, normal, grown up life getting in the way.
Quote 1 0
wobleylegs
hoping to brew on sunday too. just on crash cooling a beer and i think ill drop the new brew straight onto the yeast cake. as simple bitter is on the cards
Quote 2 0
GHW
Hops_and_Dreams wrote:
Should get a brew on this weekend after all. Sunday afternoon looks good. Will go for the Weiss as I really fancy one at the moment and I don't think anything else will properly condition in time for the comp.

Just giving the GF a pre brew day boil through. Not been used for nearly 3 months, so I think the chiller needs a bit of a nuke. Was half expecting to see mould in the pipes, but they seem ok.

Ooh, exciting, seems ages since I made beer. Damn you, normal, grown up life getting in the way.


Nuke the whole goddam site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.
Quote 1 0
Steve
No brewing for me this weekend, off to Cyprus for a few days, bit of sun and that.
Quote 1 0
Clibit
Steve wrote:
No brewing for me this weekend, off to Cyprus for a few days, bit of sun and that.


You're worse than me. 
Quote 0 0
Steve
Clibit wrote:


You're worse than me. 


Needs to be done had a few weeks from hell tbh, roll on the sunshine 🌞
Quote 2 0
wobleylegs
weathers turned a bit crap up north. wont hold me back as ill just brew in the bar. have the water heating up now.
wifes at work so my days free to brew. oh and maybe have a pint or two as the day progresses.
hope you all have a good bank holiday. [thumb]
Quote 2 0