Clibit
2016 Aurora (Super Styrians) on sale at Maltmiller for £1.50. Bargain. 

https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product/aurora/


And 2015 Sovereign hops for 50p! 

https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product/sovereign/

Bobek 2016 £2.00

https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product/bobek/

Vic Secret 2016 £3.30

https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product/vic-secret-2/
Quote 0 0
Womble
I got some 2016 Brewferm Goldings in earlier in the year ... they made my beer taste cheesy !  Personally, I will be avoiding old hops in the future, particularly when they are being sold in small packages.
Multi-tasking, easy, drink beer and watch telly.
Quote 0 0
Clibit
Womble wrote:
I got some 2016 Brewferm Goldings in earlier in the year ... they made my beer taste cheesy !  Personally, I will be avoiding old hops in the future, particularly when they are being sold in small packages.


2016 isnt old. Maltmiller look after their hops, whoever sold yours cant have. 
Quote 0 0
Womble
Clibit wrote:


2016 isnt old. Maltmiller look after their hops, whoever sold yours cant have. 


Granted ... still puts me off buying old hops in small packages though.

Multi-tasking, easy, drink beer and watch telly.
Quote 0 0
Clibit
Womble wrote:


Granted ... still puts me off buying old hops in small packages though.



Fair enough, but I buy hops up to 3 years old. It's more about who you buy them from in my experience, how they've been stored. 2016 is only two crops ago, and should be in good condition.
Quote 0 0
Womble
I ordered in a kilo of Goldings last year, they came in a knotted poly bag ... I didn't bother ordering from them again.

Even my Brewferm foil packed 2017 jobbies are not totally fresh ... so yes, I can go with that, depends on who you order them from.

I'm waiting for this year's harvest, I will order a stash in direct from the producers and package them myself.
Multi-tasking, easy, drink beer and watch telly.
Quote 2 0